Friday, September 24, 2010

Berry-Nut Yogurt Parfait Recipe

I found this and a lot more great recipes from  Eliza Domestica at elizadomestica.com/

Really worth checking out her blog...unless your not a fan of Berry Nut Yogurt Parfait or Peach Raspberry Yogurt Smoothies.

Seriously, many of her ideas will make a nice addition to any body detox diet.

Ingredients

Berries – all kinds are great, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries (note: I like to mix and match different fruits, depending on what is in season, stone fruits like peaches and apricots are great and I love chopped apples in my yogurt, too)

Yogurt (plain Greek yogurt and Activia yogurt are my absolute favorites)

Toasted nuts! (walnuts, almonds, and pecans are my favorite)

Directions - Pre-toast nuts the night before to save on time. Simply pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, spread 1 cup of your nuts of choice onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let nuts cool before mixing in with yogurt.

Mix it all together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment